Introducing The Benefits of Online Group Tuition Lessons
Welcome to the February 2022 edition of our blog. This month I will be looking at the benefits of online group tuition lessons. As this is something we at Serenity Education & Tutoring will shortly be offering (depending upon numbers).
Why Online Tuition?
Since March 2020, I have been tutoring exclusively online; I have seen the impact and benefits it has for both students and parents alike first hand.
· No travelling, therefore no delays due to traffic, changing weather or any of the issues that have arisen and resulted in me being delayed during the past 2 years.
· Location is no longer a problem; I am now able to teach students from across the UK and in fact worldwide.
· Home comforts, students can complete tuition in the comfort and familiar surroundings of their own home.
· Access to greater number of digital resources, rather than my resource bag which is rather limited in what I can physically carry to face to face sessions. I have access not only to my entire digital library, but also to other online resources. Including science simulations, and manipulatives (cubes, shapes, fractions etc.), making it easier to share resources tailored to the students’ needs, therefore enhancing learning. With work completed in the lesson and homework set (when requested), all available online on the students own bitpaper, which they can access at any time.
· Immersive experience, I have found that every student who has tried online was impressed with the range of tools and enjoyed what the technology has to offer. With students learning being rapid and extremely effective.
Why Group Tuition?
Often when parents think of online group tuition, they worry that there will be too many children, so their child won’t get the individual attention they deserve and need.
At Serenity we will only be offering (from March 2022) small group tuition with a maximum of 6 students at a time, helping to make tuition more accessible and affordable in order to benefit more students. Thus giving children the opportunity to receive the individual attention they need to support their learning.
There are numerous benefits to group tuition, including the enjoyment children get when working and learning with their peers.
How does Group Tuition benefit students?
The provision of group tuition enables students to learn collaboratively, successfully solving
problems together. This can greatly enhance a student’s confidence in their own ability, enabling them to apply their knowledge to unfamiliar situations/problems, in the security of the group. When amongst peers, students feel less alone, knowing it’s not just them that struggle with a particular concept or topic.
The social factor also plays a part in group tuition, where students’ can support each other,
look at a subject area from new perspective. This teamwork can support students’ with remembering and retaining new information.
For many students learning in a peer group with a healthy level of competition, friendship and support, with tutor guidance, makes accomplishing academic success enjoyable, boosting their confidence.
Small online group lessons will be available from March 2022 (depending upon numbers), a minimum of 3 students are required for group lessons to go ahead, with a maximum of 6 students per group.
Fees for students (Small group tuition 3+ students sharing 1 hour lesson up to a maximum of 6) will be:
All online tuition is completed using a combination of Zoom (Video Software) and Bitpaper (online whiteboard). All students attending groups are invited to attend a Free Zoom chat with your tutor ‘Nicola’ free of charge prior to group tuition starting, to disucss your requirements and needs.
If you feel that your child would benefit from learning in a small group, please get in touch today to discuss your needs. Please complete the registration form here to register your interest in online group lessons, or feel free to contact me on 07717845007 or firstname.lastname@example.org